In this evolving digital world, having the right project management software is a crucial advantage. Ironically, as per the findings of the 2018 Agency Growth Report, more than 40% of creative and marketing agencies still manage their projects on Excel spreadsheets and are dissatisfied with the results they get using a project management tool.
It’s sad, but the only reason these agencies don’t feel happy with the current implementation of their project management tools is that they picked the wrong tool or failed to understand how it works. This brings us to an important question – Which project management tool would work best for your agency? Well, the answer to this question is right here.
In this post, we’ve compiled a list of tools that are known for helping creative and marketing teams stay up-to-date on their to-dos, tasks, and projects. Every project management software or tool listed here has an easy-to-use interface, is packed with unique features, and offers regular updates. Just go through the list and see what tools are likely to address the challenges you face at your agency.
ProofHub , an all-in-one project management software that is designed to overcome all the challenges that are faced by a growing organization or team. With users like NASA, Disney, Netflix, Taco Bell and more, ProofHub surely stands out as an amazing tool for creative and marketing agencies who are looking to make managing work simpler.
- Ultimate control over projects and time collaboration
- Better task management with Kanban boards and Gantt charts
- Better work satisfaction
2. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is a tool used by more than 20 million users for project management, resource management, and portfolio management.
- Better project scheduling & costing
- Reporting and business intelligence
- Built-in project templates to save time
Asana is a web and mobile application that combines all the elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration to help teams manage projects better.
- Projects with multiple users, tasks, and subtasks
- Smooth communication between teams
- Custom calendars and views for better scheduling
Basecamp is a go-to project management tool for teams that are looking for a simple, easy-to-use tool for effective communication and task management.
- Assign to-do tasks to multiple people
- Message boards for project discussions
- A chat function for better team collaboration
Trello is a creative tool that allows teams to visualize tasks and everyday assignments on a cardboard-like dashboard.
- Better task management
- Creating multiple task lists
- Organizing and filter task lists by date or priority
Workzone is a tool designed to help experienced ad executives and creative teams to bring more visibility into their work process.
- Personalized to-do lists
- Set permissions to access projects, tasks, and files for certain users
- Monitor project statuses with Gantt charts
Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management tool that is designed to help teams smoothly run multiple projects and associated subprojects.
- Gantt chart and calendar for better project planning
- Centralized files and documents
- Better project estimation management
Float is a versatile tool that allows creative and marketing agencies to keep track of everyone’s schedule.
- Better project planning on a visual interface
- Setting individual availabilities
- Efficient project reporting
Whether it’s projects, customers, or budgeting, Workbook is the kind of tool that outlines everything associated with your creative or marketing agency.
- Client portal for collaborating with clients
- CRM with activities, follow-up lists, and pipeline forecasting
- Comprehensive accounting features and reporting
Harvest is known as one of the best time tracking tools with timesheet and invoicing features. It’s the kind of tool you need to keep your business ticking.
- A simple and intuitive user interface
- Clear insights for projects with powerful reporting
- Create and send accurate invoices online
FunctionFox is known for its simple user interface and power-packed project management features. This tool offers everything you need to create a successful marketing project.
- Comparing estimated budgets for projects with actual figures
- Calendar view for better scheduling
- Interactive real-time project reports
12. Hub Planner
Hub Planner is a tool designed to help project managers successfully plan and schedule their team’s time across multiple projects.
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Team dashboard with project reports
- Flexible workflow with admin approvals
Workamajig is a tool that brings all the departments in an organization(and their tasks) under one collaboration platform.
- Templates for accurate estimating
- Clarity over team’s availability for resource planning
- Track time and tasks per retainers
FunctionPoint is a productivity tool built for creative agencies. It’s an all-in-one solution that helps teams gain better visibility into projects and budgets.
- File sharing and workflow approval
- Scheduling/assigning tasks and managing individual workloads
- Project and task dashboard for better project management
10,000ft is a project management and planning tool with an easy, interactive user interface. The tool provides features that make it easy for teams to plan, execute, and course correct projects on-time and on budget.
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Dashboard with each project’s status based on time, fees, and expenses
- Visual reporting for how teams, clients, and projects are doing against goals
- Customizable navigation
- Gantt chart for visualizing milestones and changing project timelines
- Private messaging to individuals or a group
17. Zoho Projects
Finance, HR, sales, marketing, and project management, Zoho Projects is the kind of tool that provides features to match a variety of different business functions. With this tool, creative teams and agencies get an easier way to track progress and manage communication when working on a project.
- Ability to track the time it took to complete specific projects/milestones
- Public and private project chat rooms
- Employees log billable and non-billable hours
WorkflowMax is a full-featured project management system that provides agencies with the ability to manage finances, sales, and productivity from one central place.
- Reporting feature to track inefficiencies and profits in projects
- Ability to create customized fields to match the individual needs of the agency
- Ability to create and send accurate quotes to prospects
Brightpod is a project management software with easy-to-use board interface, providing teams an easy way to track projects, ideas, and tasks.
- Custom workflows for projects
- Individual dashboards for team members
- Ability to log time per task and create recurring tasks
DoInbound is a project management tool that provides a framework for creative agencies and focuses on improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of their teams.
- Manage projects by campaign, task, deadlines, and deliverables
- Share files, track time and streamline communication for a specific campaign or task
- Ability to create templates for a more predictable work product
Workfront is a customizable project management solution that allows creative agencies to organize, prioritize, and manage projects better. It also streamlines the feedback and approval process, thereby making it easy for teams to get their content/product approved and delivered.
- Built-in approval paths for getting work done quickly
- Working backlog for organizing creative requests
- Ability to mark teams as Agile and organize work into stories/points
Podio is a project management tool that brings all project communication into one central place and allows teams to customize them as per their specific needs.
- Tons of integrations and the option to build custom integrations
- Automated workflows that are triggered by task completion
- Custom web forms for managing data to be sent directly to the tool
LiquidPlanner is a tool that practices a different methodology for project management. It gives teams a clear view of both best-case and worst-case scenarios in a project. In addition to that, it provides them with the ability to schedule projects better and get everything completed and delivered on time.
- Time tracking integrated with rate sheets
- Note features for getting projects done faster
- Task-specific communication boards
TrafficLIVE is a project management tool that works to give creative agencies and teams the ability to serve their clients better and be more productive.
- Visual dashboard representing over-runs, deadlines, deliveries, and more for each project
- Custom rate cards for new client projects
- Utilization charts for staffing needs
For creative professionals or teams that seek in-depth training and support services, Advantage is the best project management tool available.
- Preset templates for creating schedules
- Change schedules and tasks for multiple projects at the same time
- Burn rate charts and risk analysis summary
26. Clients & Profits
Clients & Profits is software for creative businesses. It’s designed to help creative businesses and teams better manage people, projects, media, and money.
- Jobs 360 project dashboard
- Web portal for job status, calendar, and reports
- Cloud-based database (The C&P MAINFRAME)
If you are looking for a project management tool that will help you run your agency better in the coming year, you will definitely find the perfect tool for your creative team from the above list.
In case you are already using a project management tool/app and you believe we should include it in our list of the best project management tools for creative and marketing agencies, tell us about it in the comments!
Guest author: Vartika Kashyap runs the marketing team at ProofHub – a project management software for teams of all sizes. She is a seasoned marketing professional who is an expert in digital marketing and entrepreneurship.
The post 26 Project Management Tools For Creative and Marketing Agencies appeared first on Jeffbullas's Blog.